Notts UK Fresher's Fair
20:16 | Author: DrTofu
Today I went to my Uni's Fresher's Fair. Its a fair by the Student Union in the university. All the clubs and societies of the university will be having their own booth here, pulling in new members to their club.

This fair is what I would call a fair. The societies here were no jokes. There are plenty of societies. From adventure to books, to martial arts, to literature, photography, and lots more. What captivated me the most is the skydiving society. It seems fun and they do sky dives plenty of times per term. I'm not sure bout the price. Should be alright. I might be joining. Going for the class as well. Why not eh?

Second most interesting thing is the Duke of Edinburgh Award society. I first heard it from Ai Woon, and I must say, it seems quite interesting. What they do is, you need to complete 5 different category of stuffs, before you can get the award. If I'm not mistaken, its adventure, community service, expedition, something something and something. Can't remember. Hahaha. Chance to do something good, and earn a medal for it. Hehehe. But it require up to six months to complete the bronze medal. Argh...I wouldn't mind a gold for this. Haih...see how first la!

Third, is the photography society. They do all sorts, lending out equipments, tripods, lightings, tips and tricks, and even dslr cameras to members. That is damn good. I wanna learn more bout photography. Its one of my favourite things. They even have trips to take photography. I think that'll be more valuable if I go back to Malaysia with great photos rather than some crappy photos which only I think is good. Hahaha.

They actually have a light aircraft that we can pilot when they flew it for u up there already. All just for 3.75 pounds if I'm not mistaken. That is damn cool. I hope to go up one day if can. Hahaha. I haven't found out much bout that one yet. Maybe some time later. Hehehe.

Fly~Dive~Photo!
|
This entry was posted on 20:16 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 comments:

On 24 September 2009 at 23:54 , Pat said...

Is that you, William? How are you doing over there in UK?

 
On 25 September 2009 at 18:45 , DrTofu said...

hi, yea its me william. haha. Ok la, can see wat how I'm doing in the blog. whahahahaha. so far so good la i'll say. hehe