This Saturday, will definitely be one of the most memorable Saturdays of all my life. This Saturday, is our Nottingham's very own Malaysian Night.

I still remember the day I was nominated into the committee. It started all as a prank. I knew my friend and housemate schemed to nominate me in, so before they could do so, I nominated one of them in, but he also nominated me in at the same time, and that is how both of us ended up being a part of the committee.



There were around 10 of us up there. We all have a chance of becoming the top 6 of the committee. Up there, its just a norm for everyone to give their "influential" speech, trying to brainwash everyone there into voting for them. I did mine rather quickly, and without much content. Just the usual I'll-do-my-best bullshit.

Back then, I used to think, is it my luck I have so many friends in Nottingham University, I got voted into the top 6 committee? I knew the whole Engineering Faculty was behind my back, plus my friends from Pharmacy, I think that's almost half of those that attended the event. I was cursing my luck then, because I know this will require a lot of work, and I will need to do well for my 2nd year, which means extra hard work!

But now, after going through ups and downs with these friends I've known from Malaysian Night event, I find myself dreading the day when this whole event will be over. I've never been this committed to anything I've done so far. I'm part of the committee, also part of the cast, and also part of a performance by the committee. I really get to know some really great crazy friends here. I also enjoy being around them.


Eventhough my everyday is filled with rehearsals for the big play, I find myself liking these rehearsals more and more by the day, because its like a place for me to enjoy myself, both in acting, and in talking trash with these new friends of mine.



Everyday, the walk back home at 9.30pm is the saddest walk I've walked here. That is because, I know, that is the walk back to reality, back to homeworks, courseworks and studies.

Malaysian Night 2010, I will remember you forever for many reasons, one of them, is because of you, my new friends, who made my life worth more than it was before this =) And to you, my old friends, thanks for voting me in then =)
|
This entry was posted on 09:35 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: