Hooookkiiien Meee!!!
16:39 | Author: DrTofu
Yay! I love Hokkien mee! To me, its one of the best food in the world, though not the healthiest. =)


Recently I've been hunting for some really good Hokkien Mee to eat...of course not at Semenyih. There's no specialty restaurant here that does only Hokkien Mee. =(

So on Thursday, seeking the advantage of no class(exam period, all class off), having the petrol card, and...boringness of Semenyih food, a few of us travelled of to Jln Kuching from Semenyih to taste out a restaurant's Hokkien Mee. It was recommended by my roommate, Tick Siang.
Four of us...

Zi Yian




Joshua



Gok Hau



and me...we went there to eat that day. I didn't really know the way there...seeing I've never noticed any restaurant in the area though I pass the place everytime I go back to home...the Kepong home.

Anyway, I thought it'll be quite hard to find that shop...but to my surprise...its so damn easy. Among all the shops there...there are a few restaurant-like shops. But...only one that have the word "Hokkien Mee" in the name.



Wow! It must be really good in Hokkien Mee then because even the shop name is named with a "Hokkien Mee" O.o Must try must try...

I'm not sure what is sold there, but I think usual noodle dishes like fried glass noodles, fried bee hoon are sold there. There's also the deep fried sotong and fish cake. I don't really fancy the fish cake. But the noodles we ordered that day, are fried glass noodles, fried bee hoon, Hokkien Mee x 2. Yea, 2 plates of Hokkien Mee...Gok Hau is just not satisfied by one plate. =P And I wasn't satisfied by one plate as well. hehehe. The Hokkien Mee served here is just superb. Nice taste, though bit wetter than I thought it'll be.


Hokkien Mee would never be complete with sambal!!! And the sambal here is really really good! Extravaganza!!! Its so good Gok Hau have to have a puddle of sambal in his every bowl of noodle. Yes...I'm serious bout that line. He really did eat a "puddle" of sambal every bowl. O.o

Overall, the food is quite good, if you like noodles, but slightly on the expensive side. Atmosphere...don't know lah...its next to the road...feels weird. Might be a bit scary...feels like any car could come your direction at anytime and bang you like that. Cleanliness is ok, not too bad.

So, my rating for this shop is as follow:

Food: 4/5
Location: 2/5
Price: 2/5
Hygiene:3/5
This entry was posted on 16:39 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On 29 April 2008 at 00:41 , d@re said...

all ur fault la...ask u 2 tapau u din tapau...now i dun hav chance 2 taste it di...bloody...post sumthing more...i very sienz...upload more pic and put more gossip...like abalone...hihi