Langkawi!! =)
00:57 | Author: DrTofu
Langkawi!!! Finally I arrive here again after dunno how many years (I've been here when I'm still categorized as a KID). I didn't know Langkawi was this huge, compared to other islands in Malaysia. Its possible to visit the whole Penang Island in 1 day, but I think, Langkawi is not possible. Langkawi is much more nicer compared to Penang, partly because it has mountains in the middle of the island, this makes it more...photogenic??? Hahaha.





See what I mean?

Anyway, when we first arrived, after getting our rental car, we ate some simple lunch, and headed off to one of the most famous trademark of Langkawi, the Mahsuri Tomb/Makam Mahsuri.

Mahsuri is legendary girl with a beautiful face. It is said that she is so pretty her face brings jealousy to her sister-in-law, which ultimately accuse her of adultery and cause her unjust death. Before she died, she cursed Langkawi to damnation for 7 generations.



The Mahsuri Tomb


Next, we headed to our hotel, Langkasuka Beach Resort to check in and rest up.



Tick Siang happy to be there. So are we.



The View from my room =)


The rooms are actually not bad! It is huge and cheap! On the downside, beach is a bit not that beautiful, and room cleanliness is a bit off my expectations. Still, why complain? It is cheap. Hahaha.

We rested for quite a bit till near dinner time. Then some of us who are still awake went out to check out their beach. It was very windy. It feels so good when the wind hit your face. Basically its kinda close to asking someone to slap you. Hahaha. Not that bad la, just kidding, but it was quite heavy.



Windy!!!







Darren's Kungfu Kick!






William's Super Attack!!







And we can't resist...to pose a bit there...hahahaha.


REALLY EMO


Fake emo...can see him smiling.



WINNER!!! TOP EMO FELLA OF THE TRIP! SO SAD!


After that, we went to pick up my old friend!! Aaron who was studying there. And so coincidentally...his school is just a minute away from my hotel. What a coincidence. So with his recommendation, we went to Pantai Cenang, which is about 15 minutes drive from our place to check out a Tang Lung Seafood Restaurant.










Yup, that's Aaron. Hahaha. Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of the food simply because, we're all very very very very VERY VERY HUNGRY!!!! All I remember was, the food is SOOOO GOOOD!!!! I wanna go back there to eat again!!!!!! It was bit pricey, because, we ordered mostly medium servings. Still, I think its worth it. Excellent environment and food quality =)


Next...the most horrible event, drinking time =S Everyone is ready...even Gok Hau is eager...yeah. So, with mugs and glasses out, we started drinking. Started easy with the sparkling wine. Seriously, I wasn't very impressed by that, I find it bit too sweet to my liking. Then its my favourite's, the Sheridan Irish Coffee!!! Everybody likes it very much! =D Then come the Godly Bacardi and Absolut Vodka...all hell broke lose..and...everyone is drunk by 12am. I went to sleep early due to dizziness caused by alcohol, next door, because...someone over there vomited...horrible smell to sleep with. =(


Next day...all down...except for me and Charly because we are the two that slept that night. Hahaha. But the ones that are really down with heavy hangover were Darren and Gok Hau. They recovered only by evening, before dinner.


The 4 culprit that knocked out our friends haha



Someone was so pissed drunk he don't even know who he's calling anymore. =s



Side Effect of Drinking : obtaining habit of hugging plastic bag everywhere you go


Hangover and cloudy day can't prevent me from exploring the island still!!!! So, with Charly and Ziyian, we ventured forth to a place, the Seven Wells and Waterfall. I'm so glad we went there. It was beautiful!!!



Cloudy...can't see top of that mountain


On the way to there, we saw:





Nice??? Hahaha.


When we reach there...gosh...what I saw...almost make me faint on the spot. We NEED to CLIMB to get there.



It's steep alright

Still, I have no regrets of climbing this hill. I love this kind of adventure. In fact, I love adventures, but the world gotta have some creepy crawlies...shit. If not, I'd love adventuring. =(

There are two parts in this hill, one part is the waterfall which to me, is absolutely breathtaking because I rarely saw any waterfall in KL...I mean...come on...where got?????


Happy to be there!! =D

On the way up to the seven wells, it started raining. But since we climbed halfway already, we decided to give the go. Rarely there is such heavy rain and strong wind.

The wind is so strong it even blew a tree onto one of the rest house there. Ok, I was bloody kidding...Its already like that when we got there...haha.

There was a lot of cloud over the mountains around the area. The weather then is so cooling and wet. Hahaha. Glad we didn't go onto the cable car that day. Spot the cable car? That was a while before it went into the cloud and sorta...disappeared! Haha.

We're all wet when we got up there. We're(mostly me) all squeezing shirts to dry ourselves up a bit more. I think I'm the most wet up there.

Scorpion on the way down!

On the way back down, its really scary! Wind were still strong and what I witnessed freaked me out more! There were big tree branches falling from trees...shit. I don't think I fancy one falling on my head! So thats why no pictures of branches. Scared shitless, can say I almost flew down the hill. I was so fast downhill, I'm leading the guys...total contrast to earlier climb where I was the snail of the pack. Hahaha.

When driving back to hotel, we even saw a downed tree. Pitiful. Lucky the road is not blocked. If not die kao kao.

So that is roughly the adventure we had in Langkawi. I'm glad I didn't have bad hangover. So I was still able to explore the place a bit.

So with everyone safe and sound, we woke up early on the last day to go back.

Darren and his happy face

Zi Yian and his driving-cuckoo-style face






I think all agree Gok Hau's the happiest. =D

|
This entry was posted on 00:57 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

6 comments:

On 11 October 2008 at 22:53 , NTS said...

Haha. Fun n yet 2 little time. Next time got any trip call me ya, I definately will be there. =)

 
On 12 October 2008 at 07:50 , Anonymous said...

wah..i din noe that langkawi can be so windy wei!!then so foggy, beautiful somemore..mayb i shud really pay a visit there..

 
On 12 October 2008 at 16:36 , DrTofu said...

hahahaha. when u go dun forget to ask me go.

sure ts, i'll call u. next yr summer see got time, lets go redang. its fun there =D

 
On 13 October 2008 at 06:03 , Anonymous said...

i wan redang!! ask me too!!!

 
On 17 October 2008 at 17:48 , DrTofu said...

ya ya,sure la. i love redang. =D especially laguna =D

 
On 19 October 2008 at 00:03 , AaRoN lEE said...

langkawi is actually as big as singapore. wif gud weather, u can lots.
redang ?? again.. u guys been ther be4.. try other islands, like kapas or sipadan. lolxxx